I haven’t got around to creating any new knots yet, instead I used the pattern I created to make an embossed frame from aluminium sheet. I thought it looked a bit bland when it was finished so I coloured it with a mixture of alcohol inks and staz-on ink pads 🙂
Then I got the embossing bug and started playing with some words!!
I have been following ‘Thurdays with Earl’ on the Jessica Sprague website for quite a few weeks now and have really enjoyed the different lessons he has taught. Last week Earl taught us how to make Celtic Knot Designs, something I have wanted to have a go at doing for ages!
So I drew my grid, then carefully followed the instructions (except I changed the shape!) with this result ….
But when I looked at it … it was just crying out to be blended in with something else. So I tried it with this …
Then I just had to do something messy after all that concentration. I used a pop-up butterfly template from RobertSabuda.com then got out some newspaper, clingfilm, alcohol ink and blending fluid. If you haven’t tried squirting alcohol ink onto cling film… you really should!! It’s very messy – hence the newspaper, but if you lay your paper on top you get some fabulous results! This is mine … framed of course by my Celtic Knot Frame!!
I have great plans to try out some more complex knot designs … so watch this space 🙂
It started with an A4 sheet of acetate. I added a generous covering of pva glue followed by a dash of alcohol ink, some lumiere paint, a few sprinkles of glitter and some torn pieces of newspaper. I covered this with three layers of tissue paper (and some more pva glue) then left it to dry overnight!! This morning I assembled my own collage stamp using a selection of unmounted stamps stuck on a large piece of perspex and stamped the front of the acetate using a staz-on ink pad. Result …..
Most people would stop there …. but me …. I had to scan it into the computer …. and then I had to try blending it with something else!! I think it looks quite good blended with last nights Sail Collage. There were two that I really liked …
What do you think?
Yes … I know today is Thursday … I’m a little behind this week! But I was inspired by Donna Downey’s Inspiration Wednesdays post to create this collage.
I created the background back at the beginning of April and scanned it into the computer to use as a base for some of my designs. To be honest … I had forgotten all about it until I came across it tonight when I was hunting through a pile of paper looking for something to use as the starting point of my collage. I’ve just started playing with torn newspaper in my designs, and that was where I began this picture. The rest just seemed to follow!! The sails and flowers were added with tissue paper and I did some finger painting to blend the collage into the background.
I’ve been really messy with glue and paint and glitter …. but I think the results were worth it! I scanned the results, then blended them to create these images.
I was inspired by this episode of “Thursdays with Earl” to make this mini-book. It’s made from a single sheet of 12×12 card and I have covered it with a mixture of papers I have designed and tissue paper!