• My Other Blogs

  • Art Therapy

    Art Therapy

  • Challenges I’m Following:

  • 29 faces
  • Art Journal Every Day

  • Hosted by:

    Plain and Simple Banner Ad

  • Time Flies!

    Doesn’t the time just fly by! I can’t believe it’s a week since I last posted here. In between a very special birthday, the celebration of which got delayed by snow over the entire country, followed by a nasty tummy bug which laid me out for a day, I’m only just catching up with myself now!

    New Paint!

    It all began when I had some leftover paint from creating cards for this week’s Life Book lesson. As usual I painted a page in my notebook with what was left of the paint. Then the postman brought me some very special paint that I’ve been coveting for a very long time – some Golden fluid acrylic paint! Well – I just had to try that out didn’t I? Isn’t it lush!

    New and Old Blended

    With two pages of abstract paint marks scanned I just had to play digital! So much fun and such beautiful colours!

    Game Cards, Front - Life Book 2013, Week 5

    Today I finally finished my game cards, the first part of Kelly Hoernig’s Lesson from Life Book this week.

    Game Cards, Back - Life Book 2013, Week 5

    I created my own playing card size cards using glossy white card, then painted them using acrylic paint (the old paint!). I used collages of stamped images coloured using watercolour pencils to decorate the front of the cards, and luggage tags coloured using distress ink pads to write my goals on the back. I obscured the titles of a couple of them as I am not ready to share them at the moment.

    So now I’d better get back to completing the rest of Kelly’s Lesson! I hope to be able to post it in the next day or so.

    eunice signature

    By on Thursday January 31st, 2013 at 21:33 in Artistic Ramblings, Blending Images, collage, Digital Art, Life Book 2013 - Comments Off on Time Flies!

    Working Smaller

    Today I thought I’d have a break from working on water-colour paper and play with some glossy white card. I got some new distress ink pads and was itching to try them out!

    I have been...

    I applied the ink to the card using a pad of tissue, then sprayed the card with water to blend and create runs. I then blotted it with a clean tissue to dry it which added texture to the colour. When I looked at the result I thought it looked like a tree on the left. The words were cut from an old clear sticker I found when rummaging through my cupboard for something else, but I thought they fitted nicely with the image.

    eunice signature

    By on Saturday November 10th, 2012 at 12:00 in AEDM, Artistic Ramblings - 4 Replies - Leave a Reply